Early deliveries were by horse. Regular newspaper articles called for people to apply to deliver mail. One advertisement in 1881, referred to the service to Moggill via Fig Tree Pocket, Kenmore & Pullenvale, “by horse twice a week for two to three years”.
In 1860 Queensland issued its first postage stamps…. One penny per half ounce, extended to a radius of 8 miles of the GPO. Brookfield, Fig Tree pocket, Kenmore were included
The Brookfield Post Office opened in 1876 on the farm of William Butler, then relocated to the schoolhouse. The Brookfield Post Office was later at the Brookfield Store until 1974
The Fig Tree Pocket School opened in 1871 and for many years acted as the Post Office. School records show that the postman used to ride his horse to the school and tie it up to the old cork tree. He then distributed the mail to all the children to take home to their parents.
A Receiving Office was opened in 1878 at Pullenvale and Fred Jones the schoolteacher took control. It was later located at the home of Jessie Fisher. Her home was eventually moved to become the Brookfield Museum.
The first Postal Service in Kenmore named the Kenmore Junction Post Office, was at a house in Moggill Rd opposite the State school in 1954. It was at the home of Britha Barker who also cared for 11 children whilst post mistress.